Did you know that certain items go on sale about every 6 weeks or so and around certain times of the year? For example, you always see a lot of BBQ and grilling items go on sale during the summer.
If you wait for these sales cycles you can get items really cheap to add to your stockpile! The trick is to get enough items to last you until the next sales cycle.
Here is what you should be able to stock up on this month:
- Summer Items: bug spray, sunscreen and self-tanners, patio furniture, summer clothing and accessories, beach towels, swimsuits, bird feeders, lawn mowers, gardening items, grills and grilling utensils
- Gardening: planters, seeds, flowers, pots, watering cans, fertilizer, weed killers, mulch, compost and composting accessories, soil, house plants
- Seasonal Produce: raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, avocados, peas in the pod, onions, green beans, carrots, artichokes, asparagus, beets, corn, potatoes
- Cinco De Mayo: frozen Mexican entrees and snacks (burritos, taquitos, etc.), tortillas, tortilla chips, salsa, bean dip, refried beans, canned beans, shredded cheese, lettuce, pinatas and pinata fillers (candy, toys)
- Mother’s Day: flowers, gift sets, chocolates, perfume, photo frames, craft items, candles, jewelry, wine
- Memorial Day: sandwich items, condiments (mayo, mustard, ketchup, pickles), BBQ sauce, charcoal, salad dressing, potato chips, paper plates, plastic utensils